By Robert Przybylo
No, definitely not the Oakland Raiders. I’m talking about the Lomega Raiders. A group that returned all five starters from last year’s championship squad and was able to repeat.
Sure it sounds great to have all five starters back. But I must say that is a ton of pressure to have on you all season. Of course, everyone is giving you their best shot. But the super five did it.
By the way, if you haven’t checked out John Rohde’s piece about one special Lomega girl, do yourself a favor and check it out. All you need to know about Lomega’s class and character can be summed up in that piece.
B Girls Notebook
Memorable weekend: While Saturday’s final did not go the way Sentinel’s Tamara Brown wanted it to go, she still made history.
Brown scored 77 points during the three games, tying her for the 10th most points scored by a girl in a single tournament in 5-on-5 play.
“Wow, I had no idea about anything like that,” Brown said. “I’m really happy to have had this moment. This weekend is what you dream about when playing. I got to experience that.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17094Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9372Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9356Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6811Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6759Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6251Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6008UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 5965Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4858Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients