Bailey (Catoosa) vs. White (Woodward)
By Robert Przybylo
Amateur wrestling is hit-and-miss. For every great match, there are a bevy of stinkers that either have two guys just laying on each other or have two guys unwilling to take shots and you get a stall-fest.
That’s the beauty of high school wrestling. You’re not going to see that. And sometimes you see something extremely special.
Like Saturday night.
Dallas Bailey of Catoosa and Zach White of Woodward had split their first two meetings of the season. Both are going to Oklahoma State. Bailey was looking to become a four-time champion while White was looking for his second state title.
So the 4A final at 171 pounds was more about giving wrestling fans one last show before moving on.
And they did.
Everyone talked about this match going into the tournament. Everybody talked about it at the end of the first day and before the championships started Saturday night.
And since they wait for every class to get done before starting the championship matches, I was able to video the entire match. I got a good spot and wouldn’t budge.
So without further ado, here is Bailey vs. White for the 171-pound championship and postmatch comments. Bailey is in the dark colors with White in the gold/black.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3926How to help tornado victims
- 3623Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3239Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients