Can anyone stop the Indians?
By Ray Martin
I have spent a day and a half at State Fair Arena watching the 3A boys, and I know one thing for sure: If anyone other than Sequoyah Tahlequah is going to win this thing, they have to stop Mike Soap and Bucky Ross.
It’s a tall order, and I’m not so sure any can get it done.
Soap and Ross have combined for 86 points in two state tournament wins, and Sequoyah has cruised in both.
Sure, that’s not so impressive compared to Rotnei Clarke doing the same thing on his own, but the Indians have a host of role players. Good ones.
The Indians came from behind to beat Millwood today, and will take on the winner of John Marshall/Verdigris tomorrow at 5:45 at the Big House.
Keep checking NewsOK for updates.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12576OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6843Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6546Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5838Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4955Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4777Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4210Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3961OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3936As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients