Round 3 to West
By Robert Przybylo
Didn’t take too long for that third outing between tennis stars Eric West of Tulsa Union and Jenks’ Omar Aly. Not too long at all.
West beat the sophomore for the third time this year, 6-4, 6-1, in the finals of the Ada Tournament on Saturday.
But there is a caveat to that as Aly had to go through Tahlequah’s Travis Fillmore just to get there. Aly won in straights against the Tigers senior, but both sets were 7-6.
As we get closer and closer to the state tournament, the question will be who gets that coveted No. 1 seed? Whoever doesn’t, is going to have to play one heck of a great semifinal just to get to the championship.
For my money right now, I’m going with West at No. 1. The senior has earned it in the past, but this isn’t just a token gift to him. He’s also earned it by going 5-1 against Aly and Fillmore combined this season.
Now if there was only a way for there to be a substantial break between the semis and finals for the singles title? I’m not talking like a couple of hours, it’d be great to see a day break and then let the two best duke it out in a best-of-five battle to the death. Well, how about just battle for the championship?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients