Three things to watch for...
By Robert Przybylo
Well, girls are done, time for the boys. Here are some of the things I’ll be looking for.
Storyline: Can OCS catch up to Cascia Hall? The Saints are the only team within striking distance of the Commandos. Cascia has won six straight team titles and for the second year in a row has someone gunning to be a four-time state champion.
Team: McGuinness. How do you possibly follow up a girls team that went 122-0 and didn’t lose a set at the state tournament? That’s what the Irish boys are facing. A solid regional outing coupled with the addition of some basketball players has added depth to the squad.
Player: Chris Gordon, Cascia Hall. Last year, Patrick Collins of Cascia won to become a four-time state champion. Gordon is following in his footsteps. The senior has already won three titles at No. 2 singles.
Storyline: Who can challenge Tulsa Kelley? The Comets aren’t invincible, but the defending champions are solid from top to bottom. Comets received good wake up call from Tulsa Washington at regionals.
Team: Carl Albert. The Titans have quietly gone about their business and nearly swept their regional Monday. The addition of point guard Steven Johnson to the club has made a good team into a state-contending squad.
Player: Reider Hunt, Tulsa Kelley. Hunt won the No. 2 singles title last year and nothing from his play this year says he’s not on track to do it again. Hunt was the only champion on last year’s team.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims
- 3839Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3543Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3013Name of missing Kingfisher teen released
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients