McGuinness girls soccer closes terrific season
Wednesday’s 1-0 loss to Tulsa Metro Christian ended one of the most successful seasons in McGuinness girls soccer history.
Coming off the Class 4A state championship they won last season, the Irish dominated the regular season. Ranked No. 1 throughout, McGuinness was 9-0 entering the playoffs, having outscored its opponents 69-2. The Irish won their first two playoff games by a combined 15-0 before their first loss of the season in the semis.
Abbey Akin led the Irish with 24 goals and 19 assists, while Ceynada Guzman added 16 and 12. Alexa Gonce and Rachel Tonseth added a combined 26 goals.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3460Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3276Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
- 3162Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients