The modern Renaissance Men...
By Robert Przybylo
Tuesday’s story on “The Poetry Club” wasn’t my first effort with that same group of kids.
But to me, it’s pretty amazing that it had been 18 months since this story where we introduced the poetry club.
During that time, I’ve gotten to know a majority of those kids and have written numerous stories about Heritage Hall’s Turner Petersen and Ford Price and McGuinness’ Ryan Randolph.
It feels like the Oklahoma high school scene is losing some great kids (and athletes) this season.
Some of them will most likely be more defined what they do after their athletic career is over, and it’s stories like these that make me think these kids will turn out just fine.
Here’s just a little bit more on “The Poetry Club”
- Turner Petersen, Heritage Hall: Petersen has been putting the time in the weight room since signing with Rice to play football. His dream is to play professional football. If not, a career in medicine is most likely.
- Ford and David Price, Heritage Hall: The cousins are both going to Oklahoma and will focus on business. Ford overcame Ewing’s sarcoma cancer (which can be chronicled here) while David had a tumor removed from the base of his spine as junior.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients