Farewell to Ferguson...
By Robert Przybylo
I was saddened to learn today that Tulsa World preps writer John Ferguson is retiring after 35 years.
I’ve only been with The Oklahoman two years now, so I only know Ferguson from this time period. But I tell you, he’s one of the most “real” people I’ve met. Just a real good guy.
You always knew he was genuine. In talking to John Klein for today’s piece, Ferguson openly admits he wasn’t thrilled about covering girls basketball until he got to know the people associated with the game. But once he did, chalk it up to another event he loved to cover.
It’s a personal loss to me because I’ve enjoyed talking with Ferguson about the high school tennis scene the last two years as well as the local and national horse racing scene.
In fact, that’s what Ferguson plans on doing: writing horse racing projects and stuff like that.
At least he’s able to go out on his own terms. Hope nothing but the best for Ferguson in the future and hopefully I’ll see him around during All-State week coming up.
For Klein’s full story on Ferguson, here ya go.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7978Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients