Brokeshoulder signs with Tech...
By Robert Przybylo
I haven’t known former Shawnee star softball pitcher Ashley Brokeshoulder her whole life – it just feels that way.
I jumped on board in Shawnee after her freshman season and realized early on that she was indeed the real deal.
After some hiccups, Brokeshoulder and the Wolves put it together and reached the Class 5A state final last season, losing to Lawton MacArthur.
And then the recruiting game began and what a long and arduous one it became before Brokeshoulder signed with Texas Tech last month. When she was a sophomore, Brokeshoulder had her sights set on Georgetown to help build a program and Washington to help solidify a program.
Well, needless to say after Washington and Danielle Lawrie won the Women’s College World Series, the Huskies program doesn’t need any validation.
But Brokeshoulder’s father, Eddie, said Washington still had tremendous interest in Ashley but nothing could be done.
SEC schools like Georgia and Arkansas also showed heavy interest as did several Big 12 schools.
Brokeshoulder enjoyed her visit to Tech and despite a coaching change late in the game, decided to stick it out.
Eddie said he has happy with the decision that was made, especially with Ashley staying in the Big 12, which will give her a chance to come home a time or two.
Looking ahead for Shawnee, it won’t be easy to replace Brokeshoulder. Sidni Boyer will definitely lead the offensive charge with her speed and productivity, but the Wolves will need to find another arm, and there aren’t too many like Brokeshoulder out there.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients