Midwest City: Bombers defense should take MWC far
With practices starting today, a look at what Midwest City has coming back, the biggest question that needs answering during and the overall outlook for the Bombers.
Dominique Jones (6-2, 278) is a dominating defensive tackle with the potential to be one of the top two defensive linemen in the state. He already has offers from Kansas State, Missouri, Tulsa, Louisville and Arizona.
Emmanuel Maxwell (5-11, 200) is another key component of the Bombers’ defense. The OLB has offers from Arizona and Tulsa.
The offense. Midwest City lost most of its top offensive options from last year’s 12-1 team, including RB Timothy Flanders, QB Jace Chilcoat and several of their top receivers. Midwest City has a pair of players battling for the QB spot and several options at RB but how those players come together will determine if the Bombers can repeat their success of a year ago and even build on it.
Midwest City should win its district again — I have the Bombers No. 3 in 6A to start the season and the next best team in the district, Edmond North, No. 10. But Midwest City has higher hopes this year. There is no doubt Midwest City will have one of the top two defenses in the state. The offense, though, could be a concern. Midwest City won’t score like it did a year ago but they’ll find a way to score enough to advance to the semifinals.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17613Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13042Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11234Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 11211Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10608'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10120Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7197Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6592Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6062New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 5967Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients