By Robert Przybylo
Did you miss us? Well, don’t worry. With the high school sports season just around the corner, your “favorite” bloggers have returned to offer more great “insight.”
My first stop was at Edmond Santa Fe today for the first day of football practice. The Wolves are coming off a disappointing 2007 season, going 5-5 and missing the playoffs despite winning the Edlam championship.
I liked what I saw today. Randy Ponder looked real good, showing no ill effects from the torn MCL suffered last season. He said he started to feel like himself in January, but practice is a nice test. The next test will be the scrimmages and then of course, the games.
I was impressed with Ade Amuda (though I’m still stumbling over myself trying to pronounce the name), a senior wide receiver. For the first day of practice, I thought he looked sharp. Showed nice speed and good hands and good route running. It’ll be tough to replace Matt Jackson, and I don’t think Amuda alone will do so, but not bad on the first day.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3637Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3548Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3516As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients