By Robert Przybylo
Another year, another Aska to worry about/keep a look out for. A year removed from Bridge Creek RB/all-everything Michael Aska tearing it up in 2A and helping the Bobcats to one of their best seasons ever, enter Edmond North’s Joe Aska.
The Huskies version is the son of former UCO star and NFL RB Joe Aska. And only a junior now, he already looks the part of star running back.
Aska is going to be asked to carry the EN ground game. He’s had a lot of time to prepare after finding out Roy Finch was leaving to move to Florida. The combo of Finch and Aska would have been scary but as is, the Huskies should be OK.
Aska has a lot of poise. He looks extremely comfortable, and I don’t think he has any issues whatsoever of trying to the team leader.
His attitude is infectious. Talking to vets like LT Brad Wilcox and CB Xavier Smith, they’re excited to see Joe play. Aska is a throwback RB. He’s not juking and jiving, he’s putting a hit on you.
Today was my first look at QB Cody Crabaugh. He’s got tremendous height, but he doesn’t have the biggest body in the world. He’s like a taller version of The Boneman. Well, maybe not that skinny, but it’ll be interesting how he develops.
Crabaugh and Aska have a great relationship, that was easy to tell. I think the two are taking a lot of pride in knowing that with all due respect to the rest of the boys, this is their team.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 8973Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8697Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7832Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients