Another year in Shawnee, another Brown...
By Robert Przybylo
Well, I went to Shawnee expecting Brett Davis to wow me. Job well done. But I left feeling more optimistic about the Wolves’ chances than ever.
Sophomore Brayle Brown looked solid at QB. Brown is the son of Shawnee coach Billy and younger brother of Tucker. At 6-3, he’s already a man-child in the making. And with a target like Davis to throw to, look out.
The Wolves may be a little weak at RB. But that shouldn’t matter if Davis and Brown can both stay healthy. The two were lethal whenever they touched it today.
Most impressive feat for Davis? Two INTs in seven passes (on defense), a one-handed 20-yard reception or throwing a perfect strike for a 67-yard touchdown rolling to his left? He dazzled. But I tell you, Davis is one of the most humble guys I’ve known. He takes everything in stride.
Davis committed to Tulsa before the end of last season. With the numbers he is going to produce this year, how many Big 12 schools will try to make him reconsider? Davis could be standout at DB or WR. He’s something special.
Another bright spot was the defense. Or more precise, its intensity. Those boys are already fired up. Austin Winsett and Keldin Choat gave Tecumseh QB Alex Iglesias no room to breathe.
District 5A-2 is said to be a two-horse race with Carl Albert and Guthrie. I wouldn’t be so fast to count out Shawnee.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24939Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15605Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9621UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8603Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7447Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6907Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6484Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6322OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6156Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5797Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients