Boneman's Week 1 musings...
By Robert Przybylo
Week 1 has come and gone, and we’ve shown what we always show: that we STILL know nothing. Well, in some cases.
What’s the bigger shock: Broken Arrow dominating Tulsa Union or Carl Albert being manhandled by Tulsa Washington?
If you called both of those games, well, you’re better than me. The Hornets and Titans really stand out because of the beat down CA put on Booker T last year. Revenge, a dish best served cold. I’m sure the Hornets were sick of hearing about David Oku. Is it possible we’ll see the same two teams in December?
I was at Heritage Hall and Casady on Thursday, and I was your omniscient narrator Friday night with the Roundup.
Thoughts from Thursday: Either Casady is a vastly improved team from last year, or Heritage Hall could be in trouble later this year.
I was shocked at how easily the Cyclones defense negated any sort of passing game for the Chargers. They had Turner Petersen running for his life. Lucky for the Hall, that’s a good thing. Petersen looked his most comfortable when things were getting discombobulated.
I was also on Barry Sanders Sr. watch. I talked to Junior after the game who told me his dad was unable to make the game.
Speaking of which, Junior looked, I’m not going to say good but comfortable as a freshman playing in his first Polo Bowl. For a freshman, he’s already an engaging personality.
The strength of the Chargers will be on defense until that O-line matures and improves. Good thing the Hall is loaded on the defensive side of the ball.
It’ll only be a matter of time before Tanner France and Banning Fudge start making their way back into the scoring summaries again, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. We’ll learn a lot next week at Weatherford.
Friday night was busy, just working out the kinks and getting into football mode. While Guthrie was showing its defense could carry the day, I was most interested in the scrolling scoreboard on Cox Ch. 7. That had jabs being thrown left and right by yours truly, Ray and Jason.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7311Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7062Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6971UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients