Bounce back week...
By Robert Przybylo
Week 2 of the football season or as I like to call it, bounce back week. While Tulsa Union and Carl Albert are some of the obvious choices to look at, I’m going the other way.
Thursday night I’ll be at Putnam West and Yukon. On paper, doesn’t sound so thrilling. But I love what PCW coach John Jensen said, “We’re two evenly matched teams. We’re looking at their film and thinking we should win. They’re looking at our film and thinking they should win.”
Very true. After speaking with Yukon coach Todd Wilson, it was pretty obvious he felt the same way.
Will it be the same quality of Union and Jenks? Nah, but it should be competitive. And should be fun.
Wilson was pretty happy with the way the defense played in the loss to Mustang. While Jensen had few complaints after the loss to Putnam North.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15849OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15499Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10070'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 9359Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8965Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8555Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 7639Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7596Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7433Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7053Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients