Cochran tears ACL, out for season
By Jason Kersey
The word out of Cashion is that quarterback Cayden Cochran’s MRI results are back, and they aren’t good.
In a text message, Cashion coach Lynn Shackelford told me Cochran has officially torn his ACL and will miss the rest of this season.
He hurt his knee on a run against Thomas last Friday.
This is just a shame. Cochran is one of the top quarterbacks in the city area, and maybe in the state. He certainly is the cream of the crop in Class A, as he had 1,019 yards and 13 touchdowns passing through five weeks.
The worst part of all this is that he is a senior who had serious college interest. Shackelford said Monday that college coaches called Cochran on Saturday morning and were telling him to keep his head up, but that has to be hard for Cochran to do.
Hopefully, colleges won’t pull out on Cochran. He is a talented quarterback who suffered an injury and deserves a chance to play at the next level.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients