The next "First Family of Millwood Football"?
By Justin Harper
The Woods brothers have the title as Millwoods’ first family because of the success they had as Falcons and at Oklahoma State. And considering the records and state titles that triumvirate produced, it’s hard to imagine they would ever lose the title. However, time will tell if the Sanders family will challenge.
Senior Cameron Sanders is a star receiver for the Falcons. He’s already won a combined four team state titles in track (2), football and basketball and he’s coming off a game in which he had 109 yards and two touchdowns receiving and 113 yards rushing and two TDs while filling in at quarterback. He’s also the favorite to win a state crown in the 400 meters come spring. But Cameron is just the first of several Sanders to come. He has three younger brothers who are or will be Falcons. Deon, a junior, starts in the secondary for Millwood. Dametric is a freshman on the team, while fifth-grader Micah is waiting for his turn.
“People tell us we could be the new Woods family,” Cameron said. “But they just had three. We have four.”
With the way Sanders played Friday in double duty, he should count for two.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21951Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13280Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10987Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10877UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7355Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7058Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 6253Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5606Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5160Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients