Tuttle at Newcastle -- Tuttle offense vs. Newcastle defense
By Jason Kersey
In today’s Tuttle-Newcastle post, I will examine the match-ups within the match-up of Tuttle’s powerful offense, which averages over 350 yards and 40 points per game, and Newcastle’s rigid defense, which is giving up just 186 yards and seven points per game.
Tuttle’s rushing offense vs. Newcastle’s run defense
Newcastle has been solid at run defense so far this year, giving up an average of just over 78 yards per game. The unit is led by defensive end Ryan Corbin, who has been one of the Racers’ better players over the past three years, and linebacker Chase Stalsworth, who has 47 tackles on the season. The Racer defense hasn’t given up more than 14 points all year.
Of course, it hasn’t faced a running back like Bryce “Paco” Moore yet, either. And when Moore isn’t in, Ethan Biddy is dangerous as well. Last week, when Moore was injured in the first quarter, Biddy carried Tuttle to a victory over Clinton. In that game, Tuttle carried the ball 65 times.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 97533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13957Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9425Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8660Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8311OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7700How to help tornado victims
- 7421Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6598Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6130Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 6065Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients