Heritage Hall plays for Harkness
By Justin Harper
When Edmond Santa Fe volleyball player Heather Harkness died suddenly in September after an appendectomy, players for Heritage Hall’s volleyball team began wearing hunter green (Santa Fe’s colors) ribbons in their hair at matches. The tribute had a happy ending as Heritage Hall completed a 32-1 season with a fourth straight Class 4A state title. In an interesting twist of fate, the 4A state tournament was played at Edmond Santa Fe. Heritage Hall’s Adrienne Tortoro noticed the irony that the Chargers were playing for both school history and Heather on Heather’s former home court.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients