Douglass quarterback developing into a playmaker
By Matt Patterson
If Douglass had a question mark heading into this season it might have been at quarterback. But the Trojans (5-2) have solved that problem thanks to junior Antyoun Smith who has helped lead an offense that has scored 289 points in seven games and came within a whisker of beating Star Spencer.
“We had guys who had just four varsity snaps between them at the start of the year,” coach Willis Alexander said. “And anytime you break in a new quarterback it’s tough. But Antyoun has exceeded our expectations. He makes good decisions and moves the chains when we need it. He’s playing well and should continue to get better.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients