Shawnee-Guthrie could turn into a shootout
By Jason Kersey
Shawnee and Guthrie both have great offenses, which means their game Friday could easily turn into a shootout.
Guthrie quarterback Keaton Callins has thrown for over 1,300 yards and 19 touchdowns this year. His primary target, Donte Foster, has 575 yards receiving and eight scores.
“The key is, we’ve got to put up a lot of points because obviously they’re going to have success,” Shawnee wide receiver and defensive back Brett Davis said. “They’re too good of a team to be held out of the end zone all night.”
Guthrie could well say the same thing about Shawnee. Sophomore quarterback Brayle Brown has had a great season so far, as has Davis.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients