Boneman's Week 8 musings...
By Robert Przybylo
Well, after a two-week absence, I was back to being your “all-knowing” eye in the sky Friday night. Some things have changed drastically since I was last with you, looking at you El Reno and Norman North. Others, eh, par for the course (Bombers). Player of the week nominations and the other good stuff, send it this way. Let’s roll…
- I don’t know if there was a true eye-popping score from last night, but there were some things that caught my attention. Break up Checotah. 8-0 with a resounding 41-0 win against Roland. Chris Carr with four more touchdowns. Man, Checotah might just be known for more than Carrie Underwood. Side note: Checotah fans, how old is that joke to you guys at this point? I’ll come up with something original next week.
- How about that bounce back by Guthrie? What does Bluejays QB Keaton Callins need to do to get some love? Another three-touchdown performance in the 35-17 win against a tough Shawnee defense.
- My 6A sleeper is definitely Edmond North right now. Cody Crabaugh had another solid performance last night. The Huskies have a deep set of receivers and Joe Aska and Qua’Don Henderson give you all you need at RB. Defense is maturing, all signs point up right now for Jeremy Dombek and company. Looking forward to (and wish I was there) the showdown with Edmond Memorial and North next week.
- Heritage Hall impressed me last night. Nothing spectacular, just a solid 42-7 win against a formidable Newkirk team. Newkirk’s not that bad, added to the drive to get there, but the Chargers certainly did not lay an egg. Turner Petersen threw for two touchdowns and ran for another. Looks like the trick play worked last night with Graham King throwing a 63-yard bomb to Tanner France as well.
- I don’t get to brag too much about my picks (just look at my record), but kudos to Purcell. I never would have imagined freshman QB Cole Swayze running for almost 250 yards and three touchdowns, but you take ‘em however you can get ‘em, right? Purcell has gone under the radar here lately. I don’t think there’s a chance of that continuing anymore.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8829How to help tornado victims
- 8583Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7041Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients