Drumright wins in overtime after failed 2-point conversion
By Jason Kersey
I had to get some publicity for what might have been the most entertaining game of the night — Drumright at Barnsdall. Now, although I wasn’t there to witness it, it sounds like it was a doozy from what Barnsdall coach Billy Gates said.
Drumright won, 42-41, in overtime after Barnsdall quarterback Casey Cassity ran in a 7-yard touchdown and Gates called an unsuccessful two-point conversion. Barnsdall was looking for its first win of the year.
“The kids were out of gas,” Gates said. “It took all we had to score in the overtime period, so I didn’t think we could have gone with them again.”
Cassity ended with 113 yards rushing, 92 yards passing and four rushing touchdowns.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients