High school kicking game struggling
By Matt Patterson
At first I thought it was me, but after nearly nine weeks of high school football it’s become clear that the already shaky high school kicking games have been just plain abysmal this season.
Extra points cost Norman North in a loss to Mustang. Many of the city schools don’t even bother to line up for PATs, opting to go for two instead. And it also extends to punting where we’ve seen snaps over punters heads just about every week.
PC coach Mark Little has noticed it, too.
“We’ve noticed it every week,” Little said. “We’ve talked about it as a staff. I don’t know if it’s just an an anomoly or what. Putnam North and Norman North have fairly good kickers, but this is as poor as I’ve ever seen the kicking games in Class 6A.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients