Wilson will start early at TU
By Justin Harper
I wrote about Cody Wilson in the preseason, but he doesn’t get the publicity of most of the Division-IA signees in the state because of playing in Class 2A. However, the Lincoln Christian linebacker is having an impressive year on and off the field. So here’s an update.
In its first season as an OSSAA sanctioned school, Lincoln Christian is 7-1 overall and 5-0 in District 2A-7. Wilson, who has signed with Tulsa is a big reason why. He has 84 tackles (37 solo), four sacks and 20 tackles for loss despite playing past the third quarter just three times this season. Wilson will graduate early in December (as valedictorian with a 4.17 GPA) and will be able to get a head start at TU by participating in spring drills.
Wilson, whose father Curtis played at Missouri, has shared the spotlight with his little brother. Roman Wilson has 53 receptions for 883 yards and 12 touchdowns to go along with 25 tackles, two interceptions and three fumble recoveries. He’s also kicked 35 extra points and a pair of field goals. Lincoln hosts Wyandotte Friday and then will have a showdown at Nowata, likely for the district crown.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 52918Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35454Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32552Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8890Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 7405Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5405Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4121OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3647George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3351Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3251Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients