The place to be is 5A...
By Robert Przybylo
Whether it’s for the most simplest of reasons (5A-3) or the most complicated/fun reasons (5A-1), Class 5A is the hotbed for Friday night. Well, in one Boneman’s opinion, anyway.
It’s where arguably the game of the week will happen with Booker T. against Bixby. The Spartans, I thought, were going to have a down year this year. No, siree. On the other hand, the Hornets exploded out of the gate with a dominating win against Carl Albert. Who’s going to win? Find out for the Stooges tomorrow afternoon.
No complicated scenario with this one. The winner takes home the crown, loser places second. Both of these teams should be around when we get down the final eight if not the final four of 5A.
The fun in 5A-2 is all about that final spot. Two teams who know what is needed. It’s Ardmore at Durant. How will the first year of Larry McBroom’s tenure at Ardmore end? And for the Lions, could this be it for the White family? I’ve enjoyed watching Bo and Max White the last couple of years.
And I can’t stress enough how much fun 5A-1 is. It’s pretty cool to have the top four teams all battling it out against each other, knowing that it’s possible whoever is in first place today could be in fourth Friday night.
5A-4 is without such drama. Yeah, there are some issues with McAlester, Ada and Tahlequah. But that district is all about the surprising emergence of Coweta.
And just for fun, the other game I’m pumped about would have to be Eufaula at Chandler. Ethan Sharp vs. Jack Gray – now that should be fun.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients