Boneman's Week 11 musings...
By Robert Przybylo
I’m not one to boast much. Ah wait, I can’t even finish that sentence. For once, I feel smart. I may have had the worst regular season record, but a strong 10-2 opening round has me thinking I may, just may know what I’m talking about.
In the final results, I actually lost two of the easier games with Norman North and Broken Arrow making me look silly.
But let the record show I was the only person to pick Canton, Lindsay and Hominy.
- The game of the night was for the Christian schools championship with Destiny Christian and Community Christian.
There are some nights where I’m scrambling for those Friday Night Roundup items. Um, last night was not one of those. I could have written a whole story about that Destiny Christian and CCS game.
First off, thanks to both coaching staffs for being available for postgame stuff. You have no idea how much that helps.
And if you didn’t read it, DC won its first football championship via the ol’ hook-and-lateral on the final play of the game. Gil Davila from Kyle Lynch who caught the pass from Ryan Hanson. And let the euphoria begin. Phenomenal stuff, hope all OSSAA finals are like that.
- OK, let’s stop it, Lawton Mac is back. From just looking at the box, Shawnee took out Javon Harris and made Ryan John try to beat ‘em. Well, John did. He threw for 265 yards and four TDs in an impressive 34-0 shutout.
- What was said in that halftime speech for Blanchard? Lions ran crazy in the second half, sparked by, as usual, their defense. Blanchard had five interceptions against Bethany. Blanchard is not flashy but right now, that does not matter. At 6-5, it is over .500 for the first time this season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients