Second round musings...
By Robert Przybylo
Boy oh boy, that McAlester-Carl Albert game this weekend is going to be great. Wait, you mean they BOTH didn’t make it. That’s not a rip on either the Buffs or the Titans, no, that’s a rip on yours truly.
Through two rounds, one lowly Stooge’s take on the football playoffs.
Surprise: Muskogee beats Norman North without Jameel Owens dominating the game. The Roughers are now 4-0 vs. the T’Wolves in the last two seasons.
Upset in the making: None. For us here in the OKC area it’s going to be a treat to see Jenks at UCO. As Ryan said when the playoffs started, Jenks-Union could happen in Norman. Now that would be a real treat.
Surprise: Straying away from Bixby over Carl Albert, it’s the dominance of Tulsa East Central so far. If you read this blog, you know how much I loved Durant and the White Brothers (Bo and Max). A 54-7 drubbing later, the Lions were out. And after pasting Duncan, 52-8, sheer dominance right now in Tulsa.
Upset in the making: Eh, if you can call Bixby over Lawton Mac an upset. This class has provided some fantastic games, they’re all a pick ‘em at this point.
Surprise: None really. Only thing that surprised me a bit was Glenpool giving up 24 points to Grove and Broken Bow allowing 25 to Miami. Those are two of the best defenses this side of McGuinness, so that’s the tiniest of tiny surprises.
Upset in the making: Not seeing it happen. I picked Glenpool to win, but the Irish have shown no signs at all of slipping.
Surprise: Take your pick of either Plainview surviving both games or Tuttle averaging 37 points in two road wins. I’ll take Tuttle. I admit I thought Tuttle was left for dead after late season stumbles. But with three teams from the district in the final four, well, now we know why.
Upset in the making: Nah, just enjoy these final three games. Me and my boy, Jason Kersey, have said all season that 3A is big enough for great, Division I talent but small enough for that excellent community support.
Surprise: Going to Lincoln County and Chandler. The Lions won two road games. Yeah, that’s no biggie but winning each by a single point shows great heart and composure in hostile environments.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16614OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14171Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13556Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10806Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9444Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7747Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7539Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7474'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7103Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7093Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients