Class 3A semifinals: There could be a finals rematch
By Jason Kersey
The Tuttle-Cascia Hall game will be fun.
It’s a classic 1 vs. 2 match-up between two teams that have not even come close to being stopped yet this year. It’s a shame this thing is a semifinal game and not the state championship game.
What is interesting is that the Tuttle-Cascia game is between teams that are district champions of Districts 3A-1 and 3A-3, respectively. The other two semifinal teams, Clinton and Seq. Claremore, are the runner-ups in those districts.
Tuttle beat Clinton, 35-14, on Oct. 10, while Cascia Hall beat Seq. Claremore, 34-14, on Oct. 31.
I understand that the bracket is the bracket, and it can’t be changed. But it’s truly a shame that the two clear best teams are playing each other at any time other than state championship week. It would be better if Tuttle played Seq. Claremore and Cascia Hall played Clinton.
“I guess if you look at it on paper, it’s the one seeds playing each other and the two seeds playing each other,” said Tuttle coach Phil Koons. “But I still think that we’re all pretty equally matched. I think that probably if Claremore had a couple breaks, they could have won their game against Cascia, and we had a couple good breaks to beat Clinton.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients