It's the Augie McCulley show...
By Robert Przybylo
Every now and then, the writing gods give us a break. I entered Friday night knowing no matter what happened, I was writing about Hennessey’s Augie McCulley.
He’s playing with a broken left elbow…yes, a broken left elbow. It’s an easy story to write. But what I didnt’ expect was for him to rush for more than 200 yards again and score three times in the second half to give Hennessey a 30-21 win against Hominy.
Hennessey was too cute in the first half as McCulley only had 10 carries and two of those resulted in lost fumbles. In fact, the Eagles had four TOs in the first half.
It felt like deja vu with last year’s quarterfinal game against Prague. But only down 21-6 at half through all that, Hennessey righted its ship.
And got simple.
Hennessey lined up in the HOG formation with McCulley spear-heading the attack. None too shabby. Why get cute when simple is effective.
McCulley didn’t bust one the entire game. His longest rush wasn’t for more than 30 yards but it was the consistent pounding that eventually did the Bucks in.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13704Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13572OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9488Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7226Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6986Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5704Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5041Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5013Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4557Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4155Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients