Del City starts 6A girls hoops season with a bang
By Justin Harper
The Del City girls basketball season couldn’t get off to a more interesting (or challenging) start. The Eagles, who are ranked second in Class 6A, open the season playing No. 3 and No. 1 in consecutive games.
Del City, which was 22-5 last year, hosts second-ranked Norman tonight at 6 p.m. The team’s next outing, on Dec. 9, is a game at top-ranked Midwest City. All three schools in the 1-2-3 triumvirate made the state tourney last year and each defeated and lost to one of the three teams.
“I think it’s OK,” said coach Karri Seals. “We’ve opened up with Norman for a couple of years and we opened with Jenks last year. We’re used to it.”
The Eagles are led by a pair of Oklahoma State signees, Desiree Jeffries and Toni Young.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4167Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3427Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3248Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients