It's The Boneman Championship...
By Robert Przybylo
You have to agree the Boneman Championship is worth fighting for more than a gold ball. Why else would Heritage Hall and Chandler being playing so hard?
All kidding aside, I feel like I’m choosing between two brothers Saturday with Heritage Hall and Chandler.
I know all about the Lions from my time in Shawnee. I was there when Jack Gray was just a sophomore. He was a special talent then, too. He didn’t just come out of nowhere this season. Coach Neal Bacon has done a magnificent job with this team and my boy, Jason Kersey, will have more on Bacon in Friday’s Oklahoman.
Heritage Hall, well as I’ve said before, I’m the Chargers beat writer. One reason could be that I live a stone’s throw away from the school, so it’s not the toughest place in the world for me to get to.
And through the last two years I’ve learned about Turner Petersen, Graham King, Banning Fudge, etc. I’ve probably seen them more than any other team, so I feel I have a pretty good read on ‘em.
With that said, I have no idea who is going to win this game. None. Do any doubts still linger for Heritage after last year’s loss to Cascia? Can the Chargers stop Jack Gray? If they do, who does Chandler look to?
The offense gets so much pub (you can blame us), but both teams defenses are nothing to sneeze at, either. Heritage Hall gives up 79 rushing yards per game while Chandler’s “pitiful” group give up a whopping 81 on the ground.
The Chargers allow less than seven points per game while the Lions allow 10. Not much separates these two teams.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 34808Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 28627Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6992Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6680OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4639Tornadoes hit Kan., Okla.; no injuries reported
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3855Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3630College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3354Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients