Big time performances from big time players at the T of C
By Ray Martin
It’s been a wild day here at the Tournament of Champions. Big players have been as advertised.
Stringtown center James Watson, a Washington State signee, scored 27 points in a losing effort earlier today. Tulsa East Central, the top ranked team in 5A, had four players score in double figures.
In the second game, Verdigris guard Rotnei Clarke scored 28, but McGuinness outlasted Verdigris 49-38. Daniel Orton and Jeffrey Merritt were each limited to eight points.
Keiton Page exploded for 40 points in the evening game against Jenks. Paige is now 61 points shy of the Tournament of Champions career scoring record, set by former Victory Christian guard Keleena Azubuike in 2002. Despite Page’s efforts, Pawnee fell to Jenks 71-63. Jenks forward Bryson Pope scored 16.
At the end of the third quarter, Mike Soap has 21 points for Sequoyah-Tahlequah. The senior guard has the Sequoyah leading Bixby 56-30.
More T of C coverage to come later.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients