Choctaw's Josh Halbert commits to Shockers
Choctaw shortstop Josh Halbert recently committed to Wichita State. Halbert, who will be a senior next year, hit .349 with 2 home runs, 12 stolen bases and 17 RBIs last season in helping Choctaw to a 24-12 record.
Halbert has started for the Yellowjackets since he was a freshman and Choctaw coach Mark Craft says Halbert has an above average glove and arm.
Looking at Wichita State’s roster, it seems like half the team is made up of Oklahomans, from former Owasso standout Brian Flynn to Santa Fe’s Josh Rosecrans and Memorial’s Taylor Brown.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7311Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7062Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6971UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients