Scrimmage storylines for private schools...
By Robert Przybylo
We’ve looked at the Edmond schools, now let’s do the same for the private schools.
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to attend any private schools scrimmages, but I’ll find out from the coaches what’s up.
Lawton MacArthur at Bishop McGuinness (7 p.m., Thursday, Justin Harper will be there)
Number of things to watch for with the Irish. 1. The quarterback battle. All three will get their shot to make something happen.
2. The effectiveness of junior RB LaRone Richardson. He had quite the O-line last year to pave the way. He might have to make a lot of things happen on his own this year.
3. Leadership. Now this won’t be answered tonight in a scrimmage, but you can’t say enough about Gabe Ikard and Ryan Randolph. Who is going to take that throne?
There is also a big storyline with the Highlanders. Besides trying to replace Javon Harris, who is Tuswani Copeland?
The WR is a transfer from Maryland and is expected to do huge things this year. Never seen him play, interested to see what he brings to the table.
Heritage Hall at Holland Hall (6 p.m., Friday)
Another easy one: inexperience. Who will step up for the young Chargers and grab ahold of a starting position or two?
I’m seeing big things from lineman Markus Wakefield this season, so I’m wondering if Friday will be the start of his bust out campaign.
And want to see how Barry Sanders Jr. and Marc Robinson do now that they’re squarely in the spotlight. From talking to both, seem like they have their heads on straight and it shouldn’t be an issue.
And to answer Tuesday’s question: Not sure who the best bowler is, but Tanner France was pretty proud of his 138.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients