Bridge Creek: Leaning on Ryan Spangler
Bridge Creek won 10 games last season in one of its best seasons ever. But the Bobcats are in a bit of a rebuilding mold as they enter 2009, except for quarterback where junior Ryan Spangler returns after throwing for 1,700 yards and 18 touchdowns last season.
That’s good news for a team that returns literally no seniors. The return of a starting quarterback, and a junior, should help blunt some of that leadership void and the added bonus is Spangler is pretty good.
“He’s looked very good in practice,” Bridge Creek coach Jerry Wallis said. “He’s a year older, a little smarter football wise and a little stronger than he was last season. We expect that he’ll continue to improve and be a good leader for our team.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
- 7794Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients