Douglass gets work in against Clinton, Choctaw
There’s little doubt that Friday night’s scrimmage in Douglass helped all parties.
For Clinton and Choctaw got a taste of the speed of Douglass, Choctaw and Douglass faced the size, speed and precision of Clinton, and Clinton and Douglass got to jump up a few classes to face a 6A opponent.
“It helps tremendously,” Douglass’ Norris Wright said. “We started off sluggish but we came on later. We just need to build from this.”
Clinton running back Delans Griffin was impressive. He broke a 65-yard touchdown, had another of more than 20 yards, both against Choctaw, then hauled in a nice catch against Douglass, although it was called back my penalty.
Clinton coach Mike Lee and Douglass coach Willis Alexander arranged the scrimmage in the spring. Next year, Douglass will make the return trip to Clinton for the opening scrimmage.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients