Southeast defensive line surprises at scrimmage
Talked with Southeast coach Michael Branch this afternoon about his Spartans performance in Thursday night’s scrimmage against Noble.
“We held our ground,” Branch said. “We kind of lost focus at the end.”
Branch was particularly pleased with the play of his defensive line, which was surprising considering of the seven returning starters on that side of the ball for Southeast, just one comes from the line.
“It was a tremendous surprise,” Branch said. “Hopefully they can keep that up.”
The lone returner there is sophomore DT Michael Holder. Holder (5-8, 170) started as a sophomore last year.
“He’s got tremendous quickness off the ball,” Branch said.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24306Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16772Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 13014OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 9203Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7183UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 6836Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5733Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5357Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 5226Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients