Softball: Mustang stands alone...
By Robert Przybylo
The first set of softball rankings were released by OKRankings.com this week, and it’s Mustang that is in that No. 1 spot.
I spoke with coach Tim Wade last week about it, and he said:
Being No. 1 is great, but it’s not that hard to do. The tough thing is staying No. 1.
And a friendly rival is hot on their heels as Yukon is ranked No. 2, followed by Broken Arrow, Edmond Santa Fe, Owasso and Moore.
Santa Fe is off to a great start after missing state last year, including two wins against 4A top clubs Blanchard and Piedmont.
Jaci Wiist and Hayden James are playing extremely well for Rhonda Lawson.
Moore is another surprise as the Lions haven’t exactly dropped off. There was a lot of experience coming back for Stephanie Riley, but most of the girls hadn’t really played all that much.
Riley said she is looking forward to the Festival this weekend where Moore will play Broken Arrow. That’ll be the test of where her girls are at, she said.
In 5A, there is no doubt Lawton MacArthur is the cream of the crop. McAlester and El Reno aren’t too far behind, but the Highlanders may be better than last year’s team that won the state crown.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19791Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7602OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6827Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6472OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5877Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4499Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4468Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4211Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3402Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3381Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients