Pigskin Preview scrimmage thoughts...
By Robert Przybylo
I wonder how many “pacing” yards I walked tonight. It was a long one out at Mustang, that’s for sure.
Not quite the same intensity of last year’s edition but still not a bad way to spend a Thursday night.
Mustang 26, Altus 8
It was feast or famine for the Broncos. Either QB Jacinto Biorato connected on a long TD pass, or it seemed like Mustang fumbled.
It was 8-8 through the first and that was with three Mustang turnovers. You figured once Mustang settled down, good things would happen.
Not much of a chance to see a running game from Mustang, but coach Ty Prestidge said he’s not too worry about that for now.
Prestidge talked to the team about “owning this season.” Last year (though great and memorable) is gone. These are new kids.
Lawton Eisenhower 12, Bishop McGuinness 0
My MVP of scrimmage weeks: RB Louis Durant of Lawton Ike. Looked good against Edmond Santa Fe last week and looked even better tonight against a short-handed and flat Irish squad.
On a 3rd and 20, Durant was able to take a simple draw play 26 yards. It seemed to take the wind out of the sails for McGuinness.
Irish coach Kenny Young was not happy with the performance, to put it mildly.
Heard good things from Young about last week and how the guys had been responding. This wasn’t the best example of that.
David Krahl took the snaps at QB tonight, but the competition remains open and ongoing.
LB Jameel Whitney was held out for precautionary reasons after suffering a blow to the head in the early, early scrimmage.
Irish have a week to get it sorted out with Guthrie coming to town.
Lawton MacArthur 28, Putnam West 0
It’s always been tough for PCWest coach John Jensen to say anything negative about his players. That’s just not how he thinks.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients