Heritage: Cale Courtney getting comfortable...
By Robert Przybylo
Heritage Hall quarterback Cale Courtney came out of nowhere to surprise people last year as a freshman when quarterback Turner Petersen went down with an elbow injury.
Maybe that was the easy part. Now, with those seniors gone, Courtney is expected to be lead the team as just a sophomore.
The Chargers are also expected to contend for another Class 2A state championship. That’s a lot on the plate for a group of crazy-talented sophomores.
But coach Andy Bogert said he feels it’s starting to come together, starting with Courtney. Bogert said perhaps Courtney was overwhelmed at the first scrimmage at Holland Hall.
Maybe a little nervous, too. The offense sputtered, but that wasn’t the case Thursday vs. OCS.
Courtney allowed the game to slow down and got himself into the flow of things. With Courtney settled down, Bogert said the offense was able to produce the way they’re hoping.
That’s going to be key heading into Thursday’s (insert name here) battle against Casady (I’ll be there). The Cyclones won a dramatic 24-21 game to start the season Friday and played the Chargers tough last year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13758Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9630Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9095Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8238Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6533Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6005Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5369Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4740Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4592Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4132Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients