Santa Fe: Time to bounce back...
By Robert Przybylo
I didn’t get a chance to go to the Jenks Preview on Friday night for Edmond Santa Fe, Jenks, Enid and Sand Springs.
My partner in crime Ryan Aber was able to. From talking to Ryan, it was obvious Wolves coach Bruce Gowen was not happy with his team’s effort, especially on the mental side.
I was able to catch a replay of the scrimmage this weekend, and it’s tough to not agree with Gowen’s assessment.
But that’s not really the point at this juncture. The key is to see how Santa Fe can rebound heading into its Edlam affair against Edmond North.
I’m always torn on when big rivals play each other the first game of the season. It’s great to circle that game on the calendar all year, but you never get the best quality of play because no team is ready to roll in Week 1.
In this case, think playing a rival school like the Huskies is what the Wolves need. Maybe back-to-back weeks of playing on emotion will settle down this inexperienced group of kids Gowen has.
Yea, the 65-yard touchdown pass to Conner Bays from Will Long was called back at the Jenks Preview, but it’s a start. Will be an interesting week of practice, that’s for sure.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients