Westmoore sweeps top spots at Little Axe event
Westmoore’s Taylor Painter and Toby Bothwell each posted decisive victories at the Little Axe Invitational cross country meet on Thursday. Westmoore’s girls team, which is defending its 2009 Class 6A state championship, had five runners in the top seven. Painter ran the 2.8K course in 11:07, 13 seconds ahead of the field. Bothwell won by 14 seconds, posting a time of 12:04 on the 3.6K course.
Painter and Bothwell also were individual winners at Saturday’s Moore War Run, which is an open-to-the-public road race.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4389Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4190OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3756As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients