Marlow vs. Tuttle: A few keys for Tuttle
Tuttle opens its season with a home game against Marlow Friday night. The Tigers are ranked high in Class 3A, even though there’s been some turnover at a few positions on offense. Here’s a few keys to the game for Tuttle in their opener:
Unleash Tanner Koons
Phil Koons knows his starting quarterback as well as any coach could. He’s his son. And when he says Tanner has a better arm than his older brother Sterling, who helped Tuttle to a string of playoff appearances including the semi-finals last year, you should listen. One of the most interesting storylines this season in Class 3A is how fast and well Tanner will develop. In a game in which the Tigers are a clear favorite, it would be a good chance to let the quarterback throw the ball around a little more than usual.
Exploit Marlow’s youth
Marlow finished 5-5 last year so they were no doormat, but the Outlaws have to replace three starters on its offensive line along with most of its backfield and receivers. That’s great news for linebacker Ethan Biddy who figures to take a more active role on defense this year. Tuttle also returns just four starters on defense, but their depth is better and more experienced.
Get more out of it than a win
Truth is, this should be an easy win for Tuttle, though you’d never get Phil Koons to admit it. The Tigers have a lot of potential this year and the time to develop it starts now. This game is a good opportunity to smooth out the wrinkles from the last two scrimmages and build some momentum for the district slate which includes Clinton and all the talent the Red Tornadoes bring to the yard.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26979Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17115Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9403UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8599Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7948Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7430OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6562Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6162Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6113Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6077Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients