McGuinness vs. Guthrie match up
Guthrie (0-0) vs. McGuinness (0-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: McGuinness High School
Why the Bluejays can win: Guthrie has a few holes here and there but this is a team that has the talent to put themselves in the race for the gold ball in their class. Their defense should be able to contain McGuinness’ running backs leaving the offense in the hands of a freshman quarterback.
Why the Irish can win: Revenge for one. Guthrie ended McGuinness’ 28-game win streak. Also, the Irish are going to be pretty good in Class 4A so they have some talent, including LaRone Richardson.
Key matchup: Guthrie’s defense against McGuinness tailback LaRone Richardson and receiver Sam Crabtree. If they can contain Richardson on the ground it’s bad news for the Irish who need to run to win.
The pick: Guthrie 24, McGuinness 21
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12604Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10239Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9732Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6670Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4240Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4180Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3744Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 3718Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients