Alumni report: Best of the Rest
Here’s a list of how some alumni from the Best of the Rest Zone performed over the weekend in their college games. Former Washington linebacker Tyler Simmons gets the nod here as player of the week for his role in Navy’s near upset of Ohio State.
Colby Whitlock, DT, Texas Tech (Noble): Whitlock started Tech’s opener and managed a tackle for a loss during the game.
Kyle Jech, QB, Northwestern (Kingfisher): Jech completed 12 of 20 pass attempts for 148 yards with a touchdown and an interception in his team’s 34-28 win over Colorado State – Pueblo Saturday.
Austin Major, LB, Southwestern (Chandler): Major is starting as a freshman and notched four tackles in Southwestern’s 45-7 loss to Eastern New Mexico Saturday.
Cooper Bassett, TE, Oklahoma State (Tuttle): Bassett didn’t catch a pass in Oklahoma State’s season-opening win over Georgia but he did play on special teams.
Kent McDonald, WR, Northwestern: McDonald caught 2 passes for 25 yards and a touchdown in his team’s win over CSU-Pueblo.
Tyler Simmons, LB, Navy (Washington): Simmons started and had seven tackles in Navy’s near upset of Ohio State on Saturday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81708Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16515OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12409Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12217Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10403Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9163How to help tornado victims
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified
- 8558Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8505Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients