West Metro Player of the Week: Yukon's Corbin Jones
This wasn’t an easy choice, especially with all the impressive statistics that came out of the Yukon-Mustang football game. But ultimately, the varsity debut of Corbin Jones — 19-of-30 for 431 yards and seven touchdowns — was too much to overlook.
Sure, Jones and the Millers would trade the bulky stats for a 1-0 record right now, but the sophomore quarterback came out of nowhere to give a fantastic performance in his first game.
And he showed some toughness, both physically and mentally. He rushed the ball 17 times, and took some hits while doing it. And after an interception that put Yukon down 11 in the fourth quarter, Jones bounced back and completed seven of his final eight passes with two going for touchdowns, to keep the Millers in it until an onside kick didn’t go their way in the final minutes.
David Glidden, Mustang football: His performance led Mustang to a thrilling 53-47 win over the rival Millers. He scored two touchdowns on pass receptions, one on a kickoff return and another on an interception return. His first two receptions netted seven yards, but the other three went for 119 and two TDs.
Kollin Retter, Yukon football: Retter was on the receiving end of four of Jones’ TD passes, none shorter than 46 yards. He finished with nine catches for 271 yards.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7620Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6948Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
- 6645Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients