North principal Bryan Young will always have that fire for sports
A great scene on the Norman North sideline at Owen Field last Thursday was seeing how pumped first-year principal Bryan Young was as the clock wound down on the Timberwolves’ 30-9 win over Norman in the Crosstown Clash.
Anyone who knows Young knows he’s as competitive as they come. No scratch that, he’s more so. Anyway, no school in the state has a principal who will be more involved with athletics, more facilitating to coaches and more excited about achieving success.
After all, it’s in his blood. Young was a college wrestler and later a horse racing jockey. He started the Norman North boys soccer program, which is as good as any in the state (many would say the best), and for years was the only coach to bring serious success to Norman North. (OK, the pom squads won a state title or two, give them credit). Anyway, among varsity sports, Young delivered the first two state crowns in school history.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24384Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14430Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10043UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8936Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 7944Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7183Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6372Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6313Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6107Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 5639OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients