Q and A with Tuttle coach Phil Koons
Tuttle is coming off a shutout win over Marlow in Week 1. This Friday night, the Tigers hit the road bound for Kingfisher to face one of the best team’s in Class 2A.
How did you think your quarterback, Tanner Koons, and the rest of the offense played in the opener?
I thought Tanner executed fine. He was a little overly anxious before the game. He just has to relax. His touchdown throws were on the money, but I think Marlow is better than the score indicated. I thought our offensive line blocked pretty well but there’s always room to improve.
Did you expect to get a shutout in the first game of the year?
We never go into a game expecting a shutout. Our defense played pretty well, but their quarterback went down early in the game with an ankle injury. He didn’t come back and they really like to run their quarterback.
You guys blew Kingfisher out last year 49-7, what do you expect out of this year’s game?
It’s kind of become a little rivalry over the years. It’s non district but they’re won their share and we’ve won our share. I know it’ll be a good game. I know (Derek) Patterson at quarterback is athletic and can throw and run it. They’re a good team, very athletic. It’ll be a good test for us.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8192Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6372Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients