Cross country: Field loaded at OK Runner Classic
The OK Runner Classic held today in Norman will feature 32 teams and several of the state’s top runners. The meet, which is hosted by Norman High School, begins at 4 p.m. at the course located off of 24th Avenue behind Irving Middle School.
The competition will be divided up with Classes 2A, 3A and 4A in one group and 5A and 6A in the other.
“We’re hosting a regional here (in October), so everyone wants to come run the course before then,” said Norman girls cross country coach Suzi Rojas. “It’s going to be a great meet, so many runners.”
Two of the state’s best girl runners will be competing — Piedmont’s Jori Davis and Norman’s Megan Johnson — unfortunately, though, they’ll be in different divisions and won’t go head-to-head. It will make for an interesting time comparison, though.
Westmoore’s Toby Bothwell, Edmond Memorial’s Eric Talbert and Edmond North’s Adam Godwin are some of the runners highlighting the boys field.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 62337Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 33106Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31955Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14420Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8241Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6093Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4001Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 3741Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 3534Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 3461Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients